PSC Insurance Group Ltd is a diversified insurance services group with operations in Australia, the United Kingdom and New Zealand. We operate through 4 operating segments and have over 40 operating businesses across the Group.
Key businesses include:
- PSC Insurance Brokers, providing commercial insurance broking across Australia. This comprises 12 offices, across more than 40,000 clients.
- PSC Connect, an Authorised Representative network business across Australia and New Zealand. The Authorised Representatives operate commercial insurance broking businesses in their own right and PSC Connect provide business support.
- Reliance Partners, a franchised network of Authorised Representatives in Australia, where the group also have an equity interest in the Partners’ businesses.
- Across the 2 networks, there are approximately 200 Authorised Representatives providing services to over 50,000 clients.
- Life Insurance Broking is provided across the Australian businesses to enable a ‘full service’ capability across our client base.
- Workers Compensation Consulting is provided across the Australian businesses to enable a ‘full service’ capability across our client base.
Key businesses include:
- Chase Underwriting provides underwriting services in the construction (property and liability) and plant and equipment industries.
- Breeze Underwriting provides underwriting services in the hospitality, accommodation, equipment hire and professional risks industries and classes.
- Medisure Indemnity provides underwriting services across the medical and healthcare industries.
- An online travel insurance business across multiple brands, including Travel Insuranz and Insure4Less.
Key businesses include:
- Carroll Holman Insurance Brokers is a wholesale Lloyd’s and London Markets broker with over 1,000 supporting brokers.
- Breeze Underwriting is an MGA (agency) specialising in property and liability classes across a number of underwriters.
- Alsford Page & Gems is a reinsurance and international broker, with an increasing presence in the US MGA market.
- Turner Insurance is a commercial insurance broker.
- Easy Broking Online is an MGA specialising in property.
- Chase Global is a construction based MGA operating predominantly out of the UK.
The Group also carry a number of investments on its balance sheet, the main of which is a 19.6% equity stake in BP Marsh & Partners plc – a UK based investment business, specialising in the insurance intermediation industry.
We have a proven track-record in growing businesses, both organically and via acquisition. When considering acquisitions, we seek people that are aligned to our culture (client service and the way we do business) and where we can improve the performance over time.
Our diverse portfolio of businesses range from start-up’s to mature. We look to balance these so that we can continue to grow over time.
The Group owns the majority of its businesses 100%, however there are a handful with less than full control where the circumstances warrant and are working with new business partners.
We are an Australian focused business, with a meaningful presence in the UK. Over time, we expect the contribution from the UK businesses to range from 20-30%. We operate our businesses through numerous, separately licenced subsidiaries across Australia and the UK.
Growing a diversified business
PSC started out as a single insurance broking business with five employees in 2006. It is now a highly diversified insurance business evidenced by a portfolio of over 80,000 clients, serviced by over 741 employees and partners, across three countries, through a number of business units.
Experienced Board & management
PSC has an experienced team of insurance practitioners with broad skill sets at Board and Executive level which is utilised across the different business units to leverage efficiencies and opportunities.
Growth by acquisitions
PSC has had an established history of acquiring, enhancing, integrating and turning around businesses across Australia and the United Kingdom to create a growing earnings base. PSC continues to actively identify acquisition opportunities and assess whether they meet PSC’s acquisition criteria and are consistent with the PSC Group’s strategy.
Organic growth of existing businesses
Businesses under PSC’s ownership experience organic growth in revenue and earnings. All businesses in the PSC Group have experienced revenue or profit growth within three years of acquisition.
Culture of client focus
The management of PSC prides itself on its culture of client focus. This culture ensures that clients are the focus of everything they do, from exceptional client service to providing innovative and value added advice and products.
Attractive industry and growth opportunities
The global general insurance market is large and remains highly fragmented, which provide significant opportunities for consolidation. PSC is constantly assessing organic and acquisitive opportunities to grow the Company’s profitability in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and other foreign jurisdictions.
Establishing new businesses
PSC has a history of investing in start-up businesses based on an assessment of market opportunities and trends and client needs. PSC intends to continue investment in business opportunities where the opportunity meets its strategic criteria.
Alignment of ownership
The Company has a strong culture which has an embedded equity ownership philosophy. This ownership by the founders of the Company (who will retain 61.8%% after the listing), key executives and staff, creates strong alignment of stakeholders. The Company believes the Roll-up will further strengthen this alignment.
Ability to realise synergies through business combination
A particular benefit from the PSC Groups large number of businesses is the opportunity to realise synergies through business combinations. The types of synergies that are available to PSC Group include enhancing the scale and negotiating position of individual businesses within the PSC Group as well as the centralisation of certain activities consistent across many of the underlying PSC Group businesses.